Law in Hyperspeed

The ADDventures of a practicing attorney in a southern state. I hope those in the law and those with ADD can find some comfort and help in these postings. The only real person in this blog is the author. The people described in this blog mostly represent sterotypes of some of the characters I see in my travels.

Name:
Location: Southern, United States

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Welcome

I decided to start this blog to detail some of the craziness in my life. Life in the law presents its own craziness. The day to day grind of eccentric judges, stressed clients, and other lawyers is enough to make anyone a tad bit crazy. Factor in the stuggles of living with this thing call attention deficit disorder and it makes for a life that has its own unique insanity.

One of my goals with this blog is to help people. In my practice, I see many clients, attorneys, and even judges who either are diagnosed ADDers or are most likely some of the multitute of undiagnosed adult ADDers out there. Since I'm only a lawyer and not a doctor, I may label someone in my own mind as ADD/ADHD when that may not be their actual condition. All I know is that they possess many of the DSM qualities of someone with ADD/ADHD. Since I don't view ADD/ADHD as negative or bad, I don't see this as offensive. Some may see this labeling as bad (my wife certainly does), but it helps me understand people. Since I'm ADD, my labeling of someone as ADD/ADHD gives me a profound sense of compassion for that person and a profound sense of wonder for what struggles that ADD person must live with day to day.

Welcome to my blog, welcome to my life. Welcome to law in hyperspeed.