Law in Hyperspeed

The ADDventures of a practicing attorney in a southern state. I hope those in the law and those with ADD can find some comfort and help in these postings. The only real person in this blog is the author. The people described in this blog mostly represent sterotypes of some of the characters I see in my travels.

Name:
Location: Southern, United States

Saturday, December 04, 2004

ADDers and Spirituality

Lately I've been doing a lot of blog cruising. Seeing the struggles of others makes me more human.

Which brings me to the topic of ADD and spirituality. There are several people in our church choir who are ADD. All wonderful people. All very spiritual people.

I came upon this post in blog space. Chris is on a journey and thinks she might be ADD. What struck me about the rest of Chris' blog was how much her spirituality is a part of her life. Later in her blog she posts this prayer:

Here am I, Lord,
I've come to do Your will.
Here am I, Lord,
in Your presence I'm still.

Lord - help me to see, to hear, to smell, to listen... to be still.

For an ADDer, this is one of the struggles of spirituality. Our struggle is to be still in our minds and to feel God's presence.

I've met many ADDers who are very spiritual. Perhaps its because of our doubts about ourselves that we feel a greater need for God's grace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous New Testament said...

Well hello there Addicus Finch, I was just searching for some ideas on Scriptures when I happened on to your Blog. Although ADDers and Spirituality isn’t quite what I was looking for, it was for more information on Scriptures. You’ve still got a great Blog here.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Spirituality said...

Hi there Addicus Finch, I was just traveling through looking for some interesting stuff on New Testament and I came upon your Blog. I haven’t seen what I was after regarding ADDers and Spirituality, but I’m going to carry on searching for more information on New Testament related stuff. By the way your Blogs great. You are most welcomed to visit my site at New Testament

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home