Law in Hyperspeed

The ADDventures of a practicing attorney in a southern state. I hope those in the law and those with ADD can find some comfort and help in these postings. The only real person in this blog is the author. The people described in this blog mostly represent sterotypes of some of the characters I see in my travels.

Name:
Location: Southern, United States

Saturday, December 11, 2004

The Power of Now

Lately, I've been spending some time digging into the book "The Power of Now" by Eckart Tolle.

So, what's this book like? Here's an excerpt from Tolle's website:

To make the journey into The Power of Now we will need to leave our analytical mind and its false created self, the ego, behind. From the very first page of this extraordinary book, we move rapidly into a significantly higher altitude where we breathe a lighter air. We become connected to the indestructible essence of our Being, "the eternal, ever present One Life beyond the myriad forms of life that are subject to birth and death." Although the journey is challenging, Eckhart Tolle uses simple language and an easy question and answer format to guide us.
For me turning off the mind and losing the ego are two of the biggest problems in my life.

Eckhart has some intersting things to say about true love. The thing I like about Tolle's work is that his spiritual truths work for whatever religious tradition you have. Sometimes he's a little too deep for me, but that only helps keep me engaged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home