Law in Hyperspeed

The ADDventures of a practicing attorney in a southern state. I hope those in the law and those with ADD can find some comfort and help in these postings. The only real person in this blog is the author. The people described in this blog mostly represent sterotypes of some of the characters I see in my travels.

Name:
Location: Southern, United States

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Special Education Lawyer

There is a high incidence of comorbid learning disorders such as dyslexia in people with ADD. I'm in the process of having my son checked right now.

As I started to look into the legal issues, my head started to spin: 504, IEP, IDEA, and of course the issue of getting a free appropriate public education or FAPE. That's why it's a good thing to know people who know this area of the law and can give sound and practical advice.

Sanford Hausler has a blog called the FAPE page that covers issues related to special education. I'm watching right now how my school district handles the evaluation of my son. It's good to know someone in case I need to get some quality advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home