Law in Hyperspeed

The ADDventures of a practicing attorney in a southern state. I hope those in the law and those with ADD can find some comfort and help in these postings. The only real person in this blog is the author. The people described in this blog mostly represent sterotypes of some of the characters I see in my travels.

Name:
Location: Southern, United States

Monday, March 07, 2005

My Brain and Food

My ADD brain craves stimulation. I'm always looking for new things and have such a low frustration tolerance for boredom. I wrote some time ago about my use of FreeCell as "brain candy." My son (ADHD) is quite a chubby fellow just like his father. I can see the way he uses food to stimulate his brain. He eats so much more when he doesn't take his Adderal. Some of this is due to the appetite suppressant effects of the Adderal. I have no doubt that this "side effect" of Adderal is related to the phenomenon of ADDers and overeathing.

Here is a really interesting article about the prevalence of ADD in the morbidly obese. 27.4% That is an amazing number. So, over 1/4 of morbidly obese patients are ADD, if the sample was representative of all morbidly obese patients.

Prevalence of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder among adults in obesity treatment

3 Comments:

Anonymous cure obesity said...

Hi there Addicus Finch, I had been out looking for some new information on morbid obesity when I found your site and My Brain and Food. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous ADHD said...

Hey there ##NAME## appreciate hearing about schools for ADHD mentioned in ##TITLE##. I'm really looking into schools for ADHD alot and landed here! I guess I think it applies to me ,but a lot of things related seem to also. It's actually a bit confusing, but glad to hear and share. Less overwhelming maybe! Thanks,

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home